Saturday, January 2, 2010

NEW CONNECTIONS


Ever notice how artistic people are often multi-talented? I think it's because basic concepts like composition, balance, contrast, and unity are intrinsic to all creative endeavors be it photography, painting, cooking, sewing, music...well, the list goes on and on. So once you become comfortable with those concepts in one field, you can often switch gears and apply them to another.

I've recently discovered Suzi Blu, signed up for her "Petite Dolls" video workshop, and have fallen in love with drawing! I got sidetracked before I got around to finishing  the background here, but that's something I have to look forward to. Although this has nothing to do with photography, all roads seem to lead back there for me as that is where my heart lies, so it will be interesting to see where this goes. Or maybe it's purely for the joy of it... now there's a novel idea!  At any rate, if you want to have fun learning to draw whimsical figures and how to use all manner of art media in the process, Suzi's new semester starts now...sign up and become part of an eclectic and supportive online art community.


I also discovered Jenny Doh's latest in a long and impressive line of creative endeavors, "Crescendoh "... very cool, art for the greater good, and I'm eager to get involved. Inspired by one of her projects, I just sent Jenny an email about what for now I'll just call "the pencil project"...will share more soon so be sure to stay tuned! This is one of my decorated pencils featuring an Auratone photo of my favorite Buddha figurine and an origami-folded pouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment